A global successful company in manufacturing and distribution is looking for a Financial Director to join the team, who will be reporting to the Group Financial Director, the Financial Director will be a key member of the Africa Sales and Distribution Region’s (SDR) leadership team and will work as business partner to the Sales and Distribution Managing Director. You will be fully responsible for the financial management of the Sales and distribution Region and will operate within the framework of the company’s policies, procedures, controls frameworks and schedule of authorities. The sales and distribution region comprise in Johannesburg, and the group’s sales and service operations in Zambia, DRC, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Swaziland. This role will offer up to R 1 308 000 mil per annum.
Strategy and Business Management:
· Provide expert insight and direction to SDR operations on all financial matters to ensure decisions are based on data with financial integrity.
· Contribute to strategic plan development for the region and deployment of the group approved strategy for the company operations. Policies, Procedures and Controls
· Manage compliance by SDR operations with group policies and procedures, controls frameworks and schedules of authorities.
· Maintain good relations with and support internal audit and external audit at SDR operations.
· Timeously address control deficiencies identified by external and internal audit at SDR operations. · Report compliance to impacted stakeholders Analysing, Recording and Reporting for all SDR operations
· Manage SDR reporting in compliance with the group requirements, format and deadlines and in accordance with IFRS and the group accounting policies.
· Ensure that all SDR operations maintain monthly working paper files and reconciliations of a high standard. Review these files at least quarterly.
· Review and approve monthly results and group reporting packs of SDR operations prior to submission to group for consolidation.
· Manage all financial accounting and transaction processing activities of all SDR operations.
· Review and analyse business performance and report high quality financial information efficiently, effectively and timeously to business and relevant stakeholders
· Oversee tax compliance for all SDR operations.
· Visit the SDR operations at least quarterly to oversee local financial management.
· Provide input into group results reporting and query resolution as and when required.
· Identify and manage risks timeously
· Measure and report risk exposure within group framework Finance Team Management
· Ensure that the SDR operations are resourced with adequate and appropriately skilled financial staff.
· Manage the performance of the SDR finance workforce against approved KPA’s which are aligned with the group financial controls frameworks.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
· Identify opportunities for improved financial performance
· Prepare financial forecasts as required by regional and group management.
· Manage the budget process for all SDR operations, including reviewing and approving budgets, in line with the requirements of the group budget process.
Working capital management:
· Manage liquidity of SDR operations and their investment in working capital.
· Manage and control SDR sales demand on the factory.
· Oversee credit management for SDR operations.
· Manage SDR interaction and co-operation with group treasury function. Stakeholder Management
· Manage relationships with group functions.
· Manage SDR shareholder relationships
· Manage SDR financial institution relationships
· Manage regulatory, compliance bodies and external audit relationships
· Manage SDR corporate governance jointly with SDR Managing Director
· Participate in managing employee stakeholder relationships
· CA (SA) is a non-negotiable
· 5 - 10 years’ experience in a similar environment
· Hands on approach - must be willing to travel frequently to African countries in region.
· Strong IFRS knowledge and experience
· Sound financial management, budget, working capital and cash flow management experience
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Sound people and communication skills
· Positive attitude and team player at both regional and group level.