The total management of the Air management category, market research, analysis, forecasting, procurement, costing, pricing, merchandising, marketing and training on DC Air-cons, Sy-klone Cab Pressurization and Filtration, CAB CO2 Monitoring, Tyre Pressure Monitors
Your in-depth knowledge of the Air Management category, customer needs, buying practices, sales goals and market segments will drive the pricing, marketing and promotions of the category's products in order to make them as visible, accessible, and appealing to customers as possible.
Your specialised skills and experience will contribute to the profitability of the category by increasing the volume of products that is sold within the category, and improving the speed of stock turnover within the category.
- Ultimately optimize sales within the category.
- Vendor management for best pricing and product availability in conjunction with procurement team.
- Develop market acceptable and competitive product pricing.
- Planning and inventory control – frequent, just-in-time supply, forecast accuracy is of great importance in achieving product profitability.
- Providing your clients (internal and external) with customer-focused insights regarding the product and category.
- Creating and developing a long term plan and strategy for the growth and development of the category in conjunction with sales, marketing and procurement.
- Conduct ongoing market research and analysis on the category.
- Continuously drive category relationships with internal and external customers.
- Become a specialist within category ranging, pricing and promotions across all customer segments.
- Lead category management projects to optimize range and related merchandising opportunities at all branches and with key customers, whether reseller or end user.
- Working alongside customer and key account managers to translate customer insights into strategies which will drive product development, enhancement and performance.
- Manage a large portfolio of different brands and develop sales and marketing strategies, assist in implementing these strategies in order to achieve the company financial objectives.
- Developing strong working relationships with Exco, procurement, marketing and sales teams is essential.
- Maintain a productive relationship with vendors that is mutually beneficial, as well as create an engaging relationship with customers that is interactive and satisfying.
- Keep abreast of new technologies to stay ahead of the market and always have the latest solutions to offer.
- Ensure that all category data references loaded onto SAP are correct and up to date.
- Ensure that all marketing and training literature is always correct and up to date as well as readily available.
- Sales & Marketing diploma/Degree is a must, an MBA will give you the edge
- Previous experience as a category/brand manager specializing in DC Aircon units/Air quality systems is a must
- Sales or marketing experience in this product category will also be taken into account.
- A strong background with merchandising and vendor relationships.
- Experience with product purchasing, financial analysis, and inventory control is preferable.
- Proven track record and expertise with the sales and marketing of aircon & air quality products
- Analytical and retail management skills a must.
- You must have good judgment and wisdom in negotiations, projections, and communications.
- The ability to analyze and offer accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data is essential.
- A thorough understanding of category applications in the light and heavy duty sectors is essential.
- The ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the company is essential.
- You must have a good working knowledge of the business cycle.
- You must be highly numerate and have experience with costing and pricing.