Leading manufacturing and distribution organisation are looking for a strong Branch Manager for their Durban branch. They are an international organisation with a presence across Africa and the UK and Europe.
- To manage the sales and performance of the branch
- To assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operation
- You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation
- Have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement
- To ensure effective sales planning and route to market strategy
- Grow market share in the region
- Implement sales initiatives to win lost customer and have suitable retention plans for key customers
Financial Analysis and Support
- To review product prices with sales and market dynamics
- To review product/activity margins.
- To review level of expenditure and report on variance to budget.
- To prepare regular sales and adhoc financial reports
Post month end
- Post month end margin review and action (solutions and transactional).
- To review product costing and sales pricing
Budgets and Forecasts
- To compile detailed annual budget.
- To prepare regular monthly report of actual P & L against Budget/Forecast on a line by line basis.
- To challenge team on Forecast/Target deviations
- To keep up to date with developments with respect to the management system, as well as apply the policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- To communicate improvement possibilities with respect to the management system to the relevant process owner or directly to quality & customer satisfaction and participate in improvement initiatives.
General and Other:
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Education & Experience
- Matric - Essential
- Sales diploma- Essential
- Sales and marketing degree- Desirable
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ Proven branch management experience- Essential
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in managing staff- Essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Sales execution – closing the deal- Essential
- Excellent organisational skills-Essential
- Results driven and customer focused-Essential
- Leadership and human resources management skills- Essential
- Computer Literate in MS Office-Essential
- Verbal and Written Communication-Essential
- Relating and Networking-Essential
- Persuading and Influencing-Essential
- Relationship Building-Essential
- Negotiating- Essential
- Time Management- Essential
- Deadline Driven- Essential
- Solutions orientated-Essential
- Service Orientated- Essential
- Independent - Essential
- Self-motivated -Essential
- Energetic- Essential
- Leadership -Essential
- Assertive- Essential