Internal and Counter Sales
Position reports to:
Job Purpose Summary: Internal Sales
A counter sales clerk's role in a company entails supporting the sales team in attaining the monthly as well as annual targets and operates with management and clients to determine business requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with existing customers while opening new accounts.
- Providing sales and administrative support to your Area Partner (Account Manager)
- Supporting the sales team in attaining sales targets.
- Preparing proposals, sales reports, and presentations.
- Follow up of quotes and orders on a daily basis.
- Maintaining an efficient work environment.
- Promoting the facilities of the organization to fresh and existing customers through a proactive approach.
- Coordinating and responding to all requests of internal meetings.
- Attending Trade Shows and assisting with sales promotional events
- Assess customer needs telephonically and accurately quote part requirements
- Receive orders for parts required by customers
- Inform direct superior on prices to be negotiated to secure large orders
- Update knowledge of products being sold
- Report to supervisor any complaints or problems carried over by clients and update customer complaint to the SAP system
- Attend all sales meetings and training sessions
- Update and maintain all customer records and ensure continuous improvement of the CRM Database.
- Check catalogues or computer databases to identify and locate required parts.
- Ensure that sale is dispatched promptly and customer is satisfied
- Keep accurate sales records and lost sales records in accordance with ISO requirements
Requirements – Internal Sales
- Personality: Articulate, well-spoken individual with a flair for sales and dealing with people.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email as well as working knowledge of an Accounting package i.e. Pastel, SAP
- Literacy and Numeracy: Must be proficient in general calculations such as profit margins, discounts, VAT. Must have a flair for written communicating.
- Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent telephone communicator.