CORPORATE TAX CONSULTING: SENIOR CONSULTANT
Corporate Tax Consulting Senior Consultant within the Corporate Tax Consulting business unit in the Tax Department. The incumbent will be reporting to the Head of Corporate Tax Consulting. You will inter alia be responsible for:
- Assisting the company to achieve its financial targets driving the brand, business development, technical tax competence and client service in line with the company’s values.
- Interpreting and applying theoretical knowledge to a practical business solution by utilising a sound knowledge of income tax and corporate law.
- Preparing and/or reviewing income tax and deferred tax computations.
- Reviewing tax computations for the audit department.
- Drafting technically correct opinions and reports for review and reviewing tax opinions and advise to be provided to clients and the audit department.
- Gathering information from different sources by using effective research tools.
- Assisting with the research and preparation of proposals.
- Identifying income tax issues arising at clients and use various tools and techniques to provide suggestions on how to solve them.
- Adapting to a changing work environment and accommodate changing client demands.
- Liaising with audit partners and audit staff with regards to tax issues.
- Liaising with SARS.
- Visiting clients to remediate tax issues and assist clients with SARS audit and queries.
- Managing and maintaining client relationships.
- Preparing and managing budgets, debtors and monthly invoices.
- Producing accurate work and client deliverables to a high technical standard while coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Managing subordinates in the corporate tax consulting team.
- BCom Accounting
- BCom Honours in Accounting or Taxation
- M.Com, or Hdip (Tax) advantageous
- CTA advantageous
- SAICA and/or SAIT
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Corporate Tax consultant
- Extractive Industry (Mining) or Financial Services specialism advantageous
- Experience working with and interpreting financial accounting records
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and supervising skills
- Working with people
- Adherence to principles and values
- Relating and Networking skills
- Analytical skills
- Leaning and researching skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Adapting and responding to change
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking