Job Spec – Counter Salesperson (Chaser)
This individual will be able to perform the necessary chasing sales activities that generate a large amount of business from existing and lost customers every month. Success in this role is delivering to a monthly sales target of R125, 000 per month through bringing in a combination of credit and COD new customers who buy across the product range. This role requires a diamond focus on customer retention, internal sales support, bringing in new business by upselling and cross selling to walk-in customers, order taking, calling on customers whose monthly spend has decreased and by identifying lost business opportunities due to competition.
Key performance Areas:
- Daily mining of the existing customer base for ongoing selling opportunities.
- Retain existing customer base through amazing customer sales support.
- Meet your daily telephonic mining calls target of 25 calls per day to the Dev list.
- Process new client applications accurately on the system.
- Achieve new business turnover of R125, 000 per month with a GP% of no less than 26%
- Attend weekly sales meetings, training sessions to keep up to date with product knowledge and sales skills.
- Manage your customer data correctly and in line with the professionalism of the Falcon Brand.
- Provide a weekly sales update report to management on the above key performance areas.
- Study competition and find better ways of gaining their customers.
- Collaborate with external sales teams to achieve sales targets.
- Avoid distractions that are not part of your core sales functions.
- Build relationships with your customers and know their pipelines.
- Build and maintain a motivated sales environment that makes customers feel appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Plan and organise your days and weeks to get maximum sales efficiency.
- Accurately manage your data base daily/weekly reporting.
- Excellent listener & good interpersonal skills.
- Student mentality & a team player.
- Computer literate.
- Self-starter and takes initiative.
- Ability to handle objections in a competitive market.
- Does what it takes to meet sales targets every month.
- High degree of self-discipline with the key sales activities (calls, follow ups, call backs)