Leading manufacturing and distribution organisation are looking for a strong Branch Manager for their Cape Town branch. They are an international organisation with a presence across Africa and the UK and Europe.
- To manage the sales and performance of the branch
- To assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operation
- You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation
- Have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement
- To ensure effective sales planning and route to market strategy
- Grow market share in the region
- Implement sales initiatives to win lost customer and have suitable retention plans for key customers
Financial Analysis and Support
- To review product prices with sales and market dynamics
- To review product/activity margins.
- To review level of expenditure and report on variance to budget.
- To prepare regular sales and adhoc financial reports
Post month end
- Post month end margin review and action (solutions and transactional).
- To review product costing and sales pricing
Budgets and Forecasts
- To compile detailed annual budget.
- To prepare regular monthly report of actual P & L against Budget/Forecast on a line by line basis.
- To challenge team on Forecast/Target deviations
- To keep up to date with developments with respect to the management system, as well as apply the policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- To communicate improvement possibilities with respect to the management system to the relevant process owner or directly to quality & customer satisfaction and participate in improvement initiatives.
General and Other:
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Education & Experience
- Matric - Essential
- Sales diploma- Essential
- Sales and marketing degree- Desirable
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ Proven branch management experience- Essential
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in managing staff- Essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Sales execution – closing the deal- Essential
- Excellent organisational skills-Essential
- Results driven and customer focused-Essential
- Leadership and human resources management skills- Essential
- Computer Literate in MS Office-Essential
- Verbal and Written Communication-Essential
- Relating and Networking-Essential
- Persuading and Influencing-Essential
- Relationship Building-Essential
- Negotiating- Essential
- Time Management- Essential
- Deadline Driven- Essential
- Solutions orientated-Essential
- Service Orientated- Essential
- Independent - Essential
- Self-motivated -Essential
- Energetic- Essential
- Leadership -Essential
- Assertive- Essential
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours then we regret to inform you that you were not successful.